We are lucky to work with fantastic people in delivering services to local communities on behalf of local authorities and the NHS and take our social responsibility very seriously.
We know that we are privileged to do what we do, and are well aware of our responsibilities to our customer, suppliers, staff and, most importantly, our service users, to ensure that what we do, we do safely and efficiently.
We are also very conscious of minimising our impact on the environment in the course of delivering our services and our wider responsibility to support the communities in which we work.
- We are a highly reputable, reliable and responsible company, employer and service provider
- We never compromise on user safety
- We pay our employees a living wage, have family-friendly employment policies and do not use zero hours contracts
- We help public sector organisations save money, while improving service
- We are proactive in our support of local employment initiatives
Everything we do is underpinned by accreditation to internationally recognised standards:
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Systems
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Health and Safety Systems
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Systems
Ethical trading and sustainability
What we buy, use and dispose of are shaped within our environmental policy. We contribute to a fairer, ethical and more sustainable world and are striving to reduce our carbon footprint year on year.
A service-user focussed service
We believe the best way to improve our services is to listen to those who use them.
We want to hear from you, whether we have done a good, or not-so-good job. Your feedback helps us to continually improve, and also gives us some great ideas that benefit users locally and nationally.
To get in touch, give us feedback, make a complaint or give us a compliment, click the contact at the top of the page and choose how you’d like to communicate with us – there’s plenty of choice!
Supporting local communities
We have service centres based locally throughout the country and our policy is to employ local people to serve their local communities.
In addition, we look to work with local agencies to support employment initiatives. For example, we help jobseekers to learn new recruitment and employment skills to build rewarding careers through apprenticeships, work experience placements and job club events.
We are an equal opportunities employer and promote diversity in order to accurately represent the communities we serve.
We sponsor a range of sports teams and initiatives in the local communities in which we work. Please contact us, or your local service centre, about sponsorship requests.
We have recently initiated talks with Active Sussex to identify areas in which we can support the Sussex community.
We raise funds, and donate to large and small charities, throughout our service centres, such as the following events:
- Coffee mornings for Macmillan Cancer
- Red Lipstick Day for the Red Lippy Project
- Wear it Pink days for Breast Cancer Now
- Wear It, Beat It for British Heart Foundation
- Gift donations for Wave 105 Mission Christmas appeal
- Christmas Jumper Day for Save the Children
- Annual Christmas Raffle for a different staff choice charity, such as Naomi House Children’s Hospice, Age Concern New Forest and Cancer Research
- Hair shave for Key Changes Music Therapy
- Moustaches for Movember
We regularly exhibit at local events, helping to raise awareness of the support available. We partner with other mobility aid organisations, such as Hydrate for Health, in events we run ourselves or those run by others.
Find out more about upcoming events on our social media pages.